When is AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore?
AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore will take place the morning of Sunday, May 6, 2018.
Where does the event take place?
AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore will take place at The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, located at 1876 Mansion House Drive, Baltimore, MD 21217.
How long is the course?
The course for the timed run and walk is 5 kilometers (3.1 miles).
What activities does the AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore include?
5K timed run, route TBD and a 2 mile walk, route TBD
Do I have to sign up children under 2 years old?
Yes, everyone needs to be registered in order to walk/run.
What is the route and schedule for the timed run and walk?
Will the event be cancelled in the case of bad weather?
No. The AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore will take place rain of shine. Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
What are the directions to get to the event?
The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is accessible from I-83 northbound and southbound via Druid Park Lake Drive.
- From I-83 North and South – Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From I-95 South – Take I-695 West to I-83 South. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From I-95 North – Take I-395 North (Exit 53), continue onto Pratt Street, then turn left onto President Street. Continue straight on I-83 North. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From I-70 – Take I-695 North to I-83 South. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
- From Downtown Baltimore – Take Pratt Street to President Street and turn left. Continue straight on I-83 North. Take Exit 7 (West) to Druid Park Lake Drive – follow signs to the Zoo.
What is the schedule of events for Sunday, May 6th?
- 7:00am - Registration and other activities begin
- 8:00am - Event program starts
- 8:15am - 5K run begins
- 8:20am - Walk begins
- 8:30-10:00am - Visit our HIV/AIDS Health Fair
- 10:00am - Post AIDS Walk & Run celebrations include recognition of our top fundraisers and teams
Is there a cost to participate?
- 5K Registration Fee - $35
- 12 and under 5K Registration Fee - $10
- Virtual Walker/Runner - $40 - Want to sleep in or just can't be with us? Register as a Virtual Walker/Runner and you can support the effort from where you are!
- General Walk Registration - $25
- 12 and under General Walk Registration - $10
Everyone is encouraged to raise a minimum of $100 to receive a commemorative event t-shirt.
Can I get a refund if I can’t make the event?
No, we are unable to issue refunds.
I'm going to be out of town on May 6th. How can I still help out?
Register as a Virtual Walker/Runner! A Virtual Walker/Runner is someone who either won't be available to participate or who would just prefer to sleep in on May 1st. Virtual Walkers/Runners will receive their commemorative event t-shirt by mail, and will still receive the same level of support for their fundraising efforts as any other registered participant, should they choose to raise money for AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore.
Do I need to raise a minimum amount in order to participate?
- Timed Run - You do not need to raise any amount above your registration fee in order to participate. We do, however, strongly encourage everyone to raise a minimum of $100 to receive a commemorative t-shirt.
- Walk - You do not need to raise any amount above your registration fee in order to participate. We do, however, strongly encourage everyone to raise a minimum of $100 to receive a commemorative t-shirt.
Is there a donation deadline?
We will continue to accept donations (online, checks, and cash) for AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore 2018 through June 30, 2018. Donations will continue to be attributed to participant accounts.
If someone wants to donate by personal check, to whom should the check be payable?
Checks should be made payable to "Chase Brexton Health Care."
Where do I send donations made by check?
Checks should be sent to:
Chase Brexton Health Care
1111 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Please include the donation form with the donation. We will post the donation to your Participant Account.
What is a Matching Gift Program?
Many companies today will match your fundraising dollars. It's a great way to effectively double your fundraising efforts. If your company doesn't currently match funds, ask your company's Human Resources manager if they will start a program. You would be surprised how many companies add this program annually as an employee benefit program.
Where does the money raised by the event go?
All money raised goes to support the HIV/AIDS programs of Chase Brexton Health Care.
Established in 1978, Chase Brexton Health Care is a non-profit, community-based provider of health care and social services. With seven locations in Maryland, Chase Brexton offers primary medical and dental care; mental health and addictions counseling and treatment; HIV education, prevention and testing; legal services; and medical adherence case management. Chase Brexton Health Care is committed to meeting the health needs of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community and people living with HIV/AIDS.
Are there prizes awarded to top fundraisers?
This year AIDS Walk incentives include:
- $250 – Official AIDS Walk and Run Water Bottle
- $500 – Official AIDS Walk and Run String Bag
- $1,000 - Official AIDS Walk and Run Chair
Please note that fundraising incentives are not cumulative.
When and where can I pick up my t-shirt (and incentive items, if applicable)?
T-shirts (for fundraising of $100 or more) and incentive items will be distributed beginning at 7:00 am on Sunday, May 6th at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Team Captains or a designee are eligible to pick-up all items for their team - please inform your team members if you are doing so to avoid any confusion.
Are strollers and pets permitted on the Walk route?
Yes and No! We encourage you to attend with all members of your family no matter how young! Strollers are permitted, but we ask if you are running the 5K to start towards the back. Pets are NOT permitted in the walk or the timed run - or at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
What is a team?
Teams are made up of individuals from companies, civic organizations, schools, families, and friends. Any group of people who want to help fight HIV/AIDS can form a team. Teams can range in size from two to more than 250. See our Start a Team page for tips on starting a team, recruiting team members, and more.
What occurs during the health fair?
The health fair provides: free HIV testing; appointment scheduling; Medicaid advice and enrollment; and information booths.
Am I allowed to stay at the Zoo when the walk/run is over?
Yes, your registration to the walk allows you free entry into the Zoo as long as you have your wrist band on.
How do I become an AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore sponsor?
Sponsors are a key part of the success of AIDS Walk & Run Baltimore. View/download our Sponsorship Opportunities package for more information.
If you have additional questions, please contact Amy Tignanelli at 410-837-2050 ext. 1034 or email@example.com.